Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Love-addict - Chapter 9



      
                      He was hesitant. “No Samaira, I can’t spend the night in a spinster’s house. What will people think? Even my friend and his family won’t approve. No, no, I must leave.” Just as he reached the door, Samaira speed-dialled her sister. “Didi, Jiju isn’t staying here with me. Kindly tell him to give me company tonight.”
                      
                      In the stillness of the night, he could clearly hear his wife’s response. “Give him the phone, I will tell him.” Amisha appeared happy because Samaira was happy. She told him “Kyon ji, you’ve gone to see her. Why don’t you stay in her house overnight?” He told her, “Amisha, log kya kahenge? “(What will people say?) “I don’t care what they say! Anyway, in a big city like Mumbai no one cares about what the others are doing. You can freely stay there. And aren’t you her relative? Why do you unnecessarily worry? I am your wife, since I don’t mind; it’s none of anyone’s business!”
                      
                      Secretly relieved and delirious with joy, he carefully said, “Oh, so if that’s what you wish, your wish is my command. I will do as you say. Now are you happy?”
                      
                      Amisha’s sweet laughter rang down the line. “Yes, of course. Thanks. Good night.”
                    
                      “There you are,“ said Saira happily, as she took the phone from his hands. Now call up your friend and inform him about your changed plans. Tell him that you will go there tomorrow morning and pick up your luggage and go to the station.” Rohan did the needful. He felt it in his bones that that night would change his life forever.
                     
                      Samaira gave a mock yawn and said that she was going to her bedroom. The maid had left some time back. Rohan awkwardly suggested, “I’ll sleep on this couch.” She laughed heartily and said, “Jiju, there are five bedrooms in this house. What are they for? Come upstairs. I’ll show you your room.”
                      
                        His heart was thudding. A huge, isolated house and a gorgeous single lady were a lethal combination. He feared for himself and he feared for her! He watched her hips swaying sensuously as she proceeded upstairs with him in tow. Then he firmly looked only at each step, as he climbed. God, give me strength, he prayed. To resist this divine temptation! He didn’t want to sin!
   
To be continued...

The copyright of this novel is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send constructive feedback only.