Sunday 14 December 2014

The Love-addict - Chapter 19

                “Yes Amisha, what I am saying is the truth. I didn’t want you to be hurt or ashamed hence I didn’t tell you about it previously. But since we are having a heart-to-heart conversation now, I might as well inform you that she is addicted to alcohol. I guessed it by the manner in which her maid-servant readily bought a bowl for her to purge herself, when she felt nauseous. It appeared to have been a regular affair! Hence I urged her to promise me that she would give up this vice if she wanted me to keep in touch with her.”
               
                “But how can you be sure that she has indeed given up her habit, Rohan? Don’t we know that this is the most difficult thing in the world to do, after smoking? By the way, does she smoke too?”
               
                “I don’t think that she does, as she didn’t light a cigarette when I was there.  She has assured me that she has stopped drinking. She even swore on me!”
                  
                 Amisha looked incredulously at him. “Really? I hope that she was serious! If anything happens to you, I’ll …..” As she looked belligerent, Rohan laughed and held her hand to assuage her feeling of indignation. 

                 “We must trust her, Amisha. If we don’t, who will?”

                 Suddenly, Amisha blurted out, “Shall we persuade her to get married?” Rohan was about to burst out laughing but refrained when he saw that Amisha was dead serious. 

                 Carefully, he said, “Do you have anyone in mind?” She shook her head in the negative. 

                 Then Rohan said, “She is a famous superstar. Her wild lifestyle is the talk of every town, thanks to the relentless media coverage. I wonder who will bell the cat? Besides, I feel that she is just not the marrying type!”
               
                Amisha was thinking about whether Rohan was actually trying to prevent Samaira from marrying. Wasn’t he having the best of both worlds? Why would he want to rock the boat?
              
                "I will phone her after going home. At least, we’ll come to know whether she has found someone special to share her life with, like me!” She looked meaningfully at Rohan, who seemed slightly disconcerted. Why was Amisha trying to corner him? Didn’t she trust him? He simply agreed.

              
                 Both were lost in their thoughts on their way back home. Rohan was thinking about how he regretted having ever met the beautiful Samaira. Amisha was thinking about how she had unwittingly created a menage-a-trois. Rohan wanted Amisha to trust him. Amisha wanted to trust Rohan desperately, but found that she just couldn’t! Thus the wonderful evening was thoroughly spoilt. What the night held for them, they didn’t know. 

       
To be continued.... 

The copyright of this novel is with Mrs. Priya Ramesh Swaminathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send constructive feedback only.